We’re going to London!
No, not right now but… soon! S. and I will be heading to London next month to meet with his sister and her boyfriend who have been living in the UK for a few years now. We have been planning to do this trip every year since the start of our relationship (so about four years), but never found the right time, the right plane tickets prices or we were travelling somewhere else. Finally, a few days ago we bought tickets at a bargain price and started planning our trip.
I suddenly realized we won’t be able to visit EVERYTHING I would like to, and I became overwhelmed with the places I wanted to go. I since came to the conclusion that the best way to go about this would be making a list and eliminating some things we won’t be able to do time-wise (or even money-wise). After all, we will probably return soon and pick up where we left off.
It will be my first time in the UK, so I need a little bit of help from those of you who either live in London or have visited. Give me suggestions of places, recommendations of activites and maybe tell me what should we skip now and do on another trip.
Here’s a list of the main places/things that I would like to check off my list during our London trip.
- An art house or independent cinema
- Bookstores – as many as possible. The older or quirkier they are, the better.
- Eat Indian food
- China Town – any specific places you recommend?
- A park
- Market – this one stays on the list no matter what, so bring on the suggestions!
- Shopping spots – I’m talking clothes, beauty, music stores…
- Breakfast place – maybe a healthy one, that serves smoothie bowls and such
I can’t wait to see S.’s sister and boyfriend and… meet their two adorable Sphynx cat (they have a catstagram, you’re welcome!)